R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Korey Harbke
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Tire Testing went very well.

I was able to give Sweep QTS 28s, QTS 32s, and EXP 30s all a good shot.

QTS 32s are basically Sweeper direct competition for the Jaco blue. So far I feel its better in almost every aspect. Jake and Kody have tired them as well, and have the same sentiments as I. They are just easier to drive, a little more locked in feeling. They are more consistent through the run as well

QTS 28s felt really good at the beginning of the run, but laptimes weren't nearly as fast. They keep building grip to the point where it slows down the car too much in the corners, even when the grip was pretty low Wednesday. I don't want to see everyone flipping off the track later on

EXP 30 "kitty rug" premounts were the best tires I tried. They had the same amount of forward grip, but a lot more side bite than the QTS 32. Throughout the run, it was much more consistent, and even easier to drive. These are Sweep's premier competition breed of tire, and it really shows.

All worked well with paragon as well. QTS spec tires run for about $28 a set, while EXP 30 "kitty rug" premounts run for about $35, a long with the rest of the EXP series premounts.

Other news... Orca software is finally fast Expect to see them in shops early May. For those of you that have given me ESCs for update, I'll be getting in contact with you soon to let you know whats going on. You'll be happy with the new product.

-Korey