R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - O'Donnel VS Werks?
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Jon Moore
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smitty2802
so basically what your saying is after i spend $30 more for the Od i have to send it away to be modded??? how much is that??? the a certian pipe???

I know I'm partial to Werks. But I honestly only know 1 person in the thread that had modded his engine. He did to to test out if it was worth it. But $200 for the B5 and you def don't need to mod it. And you can honestly run pretty much any pipe with the b5. I've persoanlly run Werks,TTR,OS,Losi,JP,Dynamite, and I think that is it as far as pipes that I've run with the B5 and all of them I have been just as fast as as the Novarossi's,Reedy's,V-specs,Orions,Go engines.

But I will honestly say without BS'ing it isn 't as fast as a OS Speed. That was the engine I had before I got on with Werks. I seriously doubt a OD is as fast or faster then an OS speed... Well I guess any engine could be faster then a os speed...but only once

-DC-
No modding required. It'll run with the other engines just fine.

The pipe depends on the track, the OD can use em all. Not sure why you're implying that the OD requires a certain pipe. Anyone that knows a grain of salt about 2strokes knows the real tale.

As far as the OS Speed, which is a great engine - it's certainly not the 'be all end all' engine. I've run with them without worry. It was a nice feeling.

(Edit: Oh, I see where you got the modding stuff... my how quote is a nice feature.)