R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FAO: LuisR and other FG Porsche owners...
Old 04-21-2010, 07:58 AM
LuisR
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Turbo
Hiya, I need your help.

I had been running a GT2 bodyshell for the last 6 years on my FG and I fancied a change to a GT3 shell. So I bought it all, painted it and stickered it up, only to find that it doesn't fit

ALL the wheels rub in the arches and it makes it unusable without lossing the paint off it, and after the hard work I don't want to do that. I need to raise it up. What are my options and how did you get yours to fit?

The GT2 shell fits perfectly.

Thanks
By the way that is a beautiful paint job.
To solve the problem on the front, you need to raise the vertical body post and you can also move the front A arms to the front so that the wheels dont rub as you turn them. The front A arms have black spacers that can be removed and relocated on both the upper and lower A arms. Take a few off one side and put them on the other side, so that the A arms are moved towards the front (hence, increasing your wheelbase).

For the rear it was a little bit trickier since the body post are not vertical, instead they are at an angle pointing backward. So you need to play with that.

As a matter of fact, if you raise the body height in the rear, the hole body will be shifted backwards, hence solving your problem at the front, that way you dont have to touch the A arms.

I hope this helps!!!

I'll take some pics of my car tonight.