R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nemesis 17.5 motor thread
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 06:29 AM
idbdoug
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSI123
Just thought id post my findings with the Nemesis 17.5 in TC with RS Pro ESC.

After spending about 2 days trying to figure out, It getting hot after only a couple of minutes (luckly i checked it at every minute or the motor would be toasted).

It also would jerk on and off at full throtle very Violent after only 1 or 2 mins.
which was very bad and concerning to me

With these settings it was faullting

Motor- 0 to 10 didnt matter always faulted
Boost- 50
turbo - 8 or 10 didnt matter
delay- didnt matter what i set it to
FDR - 6.5 to 7.2 didnt matter still faulted.
Start - 5XXX
End - 15000
Throtle- 3
Ramp- 2.0
Drag - 0

I was shocked that it got hot so quik and started to jerk and fail on /off at full throtle.

I tryed every posible thing and setting and new cables, batterys radio , virtually every thing, to no avail.

Tried Tekin motor on same everything and it went perfect.

Since Trinitys warranty is virtually non existing and i only had the motor 2 days and it did this fault from the first time out I was persistent not to give up on solving it.

I put the motor to -5 deg and all problems went away (Fixed!!! ), well i havnt raced it yet, but i put a full pack through the car, and it went fast and never got above 54C temp and it also sounded fast as well as going fast

I have come to my own conclusion that the markings on the Nemesis Can are very very wrong, worse than any other motor i have used.

I am geussing that -5 on motor is most likely +10 or more???

I hope others can maybe use this info to not cook motor straigh away or just use it as a door stop.

Many people in this forum seem to have totally hated this motor, maybe this is the problem????

Credit Given to Greg (Cannon) for pointing me in the right direction in regards to motor timing. & my spellings bad, I know

Cheers

I'm fairly new to the nemesis motor and still doing some testing. But I've found the motor seems to like negative timing settings. I've never had any overheating problems and i actually had to way overgear to make the motor reach 130-140 F range after an 8 minute run. Once I narrow down some more definitive settings I will post.
idbdoug