R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 10:09 PM
DaveW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

LRP Stock Spec motors are REALLY nice. They are also a bit shorter in overall length, making for a nice fit in a Tc3 or Tc4 chassis.

I had some Speed Passion motors, but after comparing them to the build quality of the LRP... The LRP motors also have a great amount of braking, very similar to brushed motors.

The Tekin RS speedo seems dominant, although i havent ran my Tekin yet (just got it). I was using a KO VFS-1.5 speedo... and although it is an awesome piece of hardware... the KO software needs tweaking to keep up with the Tekin speedo. The Tekin laptop interface (Hotwire) makes the interface for the KO VFS look like some 5th grade garbage.

Cliff Notes:

Tekin RS/RS Pro= small footprint, easy programming, FREE software updating, and the Hotwire laptop interface is REALLY nice... both in build quality and functionality. Oh yeah, and the Vegas 203 software for Hotwire has the turbo feature that is killing the KO.

KO VFS-1= quality product, smallish footprint, FREE software updating (still no turbo update tho), but the laptop interface is ghetto and costs twice as much as the Tekin Hotwire.