R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Rod Hobbies & Raceways
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 09:50 PM
BISBEE 248
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yourstruly22
Hello Hot Rod locals, I'm coming up to your track for the first time for the JBRL. I'm new to off road racing but not to the world of r/c. I've only raced at OC/RC and West coast. Set up's are close a tires are the same. What,s a good stating point for a set up on a FT t4, spx, epic duo 2 17.5, reedy 35c 5000? What about tires and inserts what are the fast guys running? Also what are some of the things I should bring besides all of the normal? Is there a air compressor? I'm thinking about coming up for a race before the JBRL whats the best race day? Thanks
Originally Posted by What up?
The best day to go would be the Saturday before the JBRL since they will run the track dry on both Saturday and Sunday to blue groove the track.

The Best tires are are as follows:

Orange Bar Codes on the front and back with 2 stage foam in the Rear and full JC foam in the front.

You can allso go with Silver Losi Taper Pins in the front with Red Losi taper Pins in the Rear with the Foams the same as the above.

There are Panther Tires too but I dont run them to know which compound works the best.

Depending on how fast the track is or how technical the track is will depend on changing the shock oil to a heavier thickness since the track will get fast when it Grooves up (Blue Groove) Stock truck will wheelie.

If you have more questions I would find Cody Turner and Pic his brain on set up since he is alway very fast at Hot Rods and Runs for AE.
Yah i was gonna say what he said..
O and panther 2.0 or switches in soft compound are really good at hot rod also(some people like super soft but if its hot i wld go with soft)..

you can thank me later jimmy..