R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Fuel discussion
Thread: Fuel discussion
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2004, 05:26 AM
frozenpod
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

coolpower fuels are great. That is all I ever use. I have tried other fuels but they aren't any better and cost usually a lot more.

There are guys are our club that have being useing glow engines for 45 years and they use to do pylon racing were everything is about fuel.
They all recomend morgan/coolpower fuel and oils. I have tried trinity fuel and found NO PERFORMANCE gain at all there was the same amount of total lubricant 12% and 25% nitro there was no difference in tempreature. 4lt coolpower is about 50 bucks the trinity was about 65 bucks.

I run a v one s with the kit pull start GS15R with the right fuel it runs awsome. I would only lose about a 50 cm up the straight to the mod guys running jp s3 etc. If anything my new piston and liner has more torque than the old one so I might lose less again.

Fuel isn't everything without tunning. Tune the engine right everytime before you start to worry about fuel mixes

POD

PS Does anybody know about fuel additives to get more horsepower. I know of one that is very dangerous and gives the impression of less nitro in the fuel. are there any others that you know about. I know someone that has a secret chemical that he wont tell anyone. It took him 35 years to find and with only 1% the difference is huge. If anybody knows of any please let me know