R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi MRC shocks
Thread: Losi MRC shocks
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 11:29 PM
JatoTheRipper
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mini-Baja_Beast
I need a crash course in travel limiting. I just bought my second losi MRC and this will be the first crawler I have modded. So far I have moved the receiver bottom side, weighted the wheels, installed 30deg. bent links, lowered & trimmed the body, and put on a set of losi alu. threaded shocks.

I still have to flip the trans and order a couple of 2-cell Lipos. And I ordered a set of Pro-Line flat irons today.

My problem is the crawler worked better with the stock shocks, I know that I just need to experiment with it but I really don't know how. Everyone talks about needing to limit the droop or tuck but I have never had the need to, there for do not know how.

The specific problem I have is with the dampening of the shocks they are VERY stiff to be on such a light rig and it doesn't want to flex because of it(or so it seems) If that is the case what wt. oil should I run or will that help? Any advise will help.

Thanks-Chase
To limit the amount of down travel (how far the shocks extend) the shocks have you have to put spacers on the shock shaft right underneath the pistons. The spacers will be inside the shock body. To limit up travel (how far the shocks compress) you have to put spacers on the shaft outside of the shock body. A good shock pliers, such as this one, will make this much easier and you won't damage the shock shafts or worry about losing the e-clips.

The amount of travel you need and the weight of oil to use depend on the person and the terrain. RCCrawler has a ton of information on Losi MRC setups.