R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 12:50 PM
jhberger
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3jp
I just bought my first brushless setup.GTB,NOVAK 10.5,5000-40C BATT.
They just started TC races on a smallish track at our dirt track.So I am dusting off my tc3.How will the above mentioned brushless setup work in the TC3.Will any weight's need to be added?Will the motor and batt. fit correctly?
I am running a 100t 64pitch spur ,I have the bottem taped so the spur is protected.What pinion works with the 10.5 and the 100t 64pitch?And also tell me about the tc5 with a brushless setup.I heard that the brushless motors stick out too far from the centerline, and that the lipo's don't fit correctly either.I am tempted to get TC5 .But I am waiting to hear more about it and brushless setups..

regards ..jimmy.p.
It will all fit fine. As for gearing, I don't know much about gearing for a 10.5. The motor manufacturer usually has a recommended Final Drive Ratio. FYI, the internal ratio of the TC3 is 2.5. Once you get close, a lot of guys set a final ratio with a temp gun -- don't go over 160° and staying around 140 is fairly safe. If you run hot, use a smaller pinion.

The TC5 doesn't capture a lipo as neatly as a TC3, so some sort of tray or brace is recommended. You will have to add weight to the battery side to get the car to balance. The TC5 will be easier to drive with a 10.5 than the TC3.