R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 11:03 AM
hotrodchevy14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhberger
I'd venture that about 3500 of the 8500 posts on this thread start with, "Why can't I ..." This ain't Formula 1. Hell, it ain't even NASCAR.

VTA is a fun class. The competition is on the track and in the pits, not at the ATM. The tight product spec is a big help to a new racer. He can take the one-page rules sheet to his LHS and get an outfit with a minimum of fuss. It's also great for experienced racers who'd rather spend time testing the effect of bacon fat in ball cups than downloading the latest and greatest turbo profile on their turbo laptop with $500 worth of data logging software.

VTA is a state-of-mind. If you like the realistic look, the nostalgia, the camaraderie and the close racing, belly up to the bar and have a drink. It helps to be a cheap bastard as well.

There are plenty of other classes to run where you can get your jollies in a full-on gear war. I respect those guys and if I ever get the VTA grin off my face, I might join them. Until then, I'm lovin' VTA the way it is. Robk has done a marvelous job.
Cheap bastard???? Finally a class thats fun and fits my budget...woo hoo..team homer is back!!!