R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support
Old 04-14-2010, 11:57 PM
protc3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveL
I was looking at one of the newer guys BMI this past weekend and noticed it did not have any tweak adjustment screws. Is this normal? I've never run a BMI and always thought that you should have some way to adjust the tweak of the car. He was having a difficult time getting it up to speed but I'm pretty sure it was the full size tires keeping it from driving better.
That is normal. There is no need for tweak adjustment on this car as it does not utilize front and rear pivots on the flex plates. We use precision machined spacer plates under the front of flex plates and all of the flex plates are matched sets to eliminate the need for tweak screws or any tweaking for that matter. We took the difficulty out of 1/12th. There are many things that can make a car work well or work poorly, I assure you that having tweak screws would not fix the problem your friend is having. There is going to be an issue in the setup somewhere. If you like, have him give a call to the shop and i can get him taken care of.