R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 04-12-2010, 08:55 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Budget Friendly 3-link

There is no doubt that I like the big red Traxxas Aluminum links for the 3-link. They are very light for their size. They have extremely rugged ends with huge for 1/10 scale threads. This prevents any telescoping of the threads (where the threads skip a thread on impact and shorten the link). They do add to the expense of the 3-link and require that custom forward hole that I put on the Nerf Wings. I also like the Nerf wigns which protect the axle.

Here is an attempt at a more budget friendly 3-link. I used shorter steel steering links instead of Traxxas links. The nerf wings can be eliminated to save weight or retained. Additional weight can be saved with a couple pair of titanium steering links. I plan to build up the car and then give it a road test. If it works well, I will offer it in the standard 3-link package. You will delete the Nerf wings and Traxxas links and add these three links and 6 ball nuts and screws. Should save about $30. The 3-link is shown on a wide pan, but it should work equally well on an oval chassis or 200 mm pan.

Two used JS Pro 10's Wide Pans for sale.
This is a sale that is not likely to be repeated. The cars are made from used parts of my prototypes as well as many new parts. This keeps the price low.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...wide-pans.html

Pic on left, new budget 3-link
middle: Used wide pan for sale, 3-link with dual A-arm front end
right: Used wide pan. All carbon parts except the pod are new. Very nice looking car.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Budget 3-Link 001.JPG
Views:	470
Size:	255.4 KB
ID:	579595   Click image for larger version

Name:	JS Pro 10 used 001.JPG
Views:	551
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	579596   Click image for larger version

Name:	Used JS Pro 10 002.JPG
Views:	448
Size:	181.0 KB