R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Pablo Diablo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fathead
I gather this is a new feature in the latest firmware?
Yes there are a few differences and new feature in the new firmware.

Originally Posted by hacker
new firmware sounds good

so I assume you can use the standard hand held controller that will have an extra page(9 atm) for the turbo delay?
You can use the standard hand held controller or even just the button on the ESC if you want! No need to bring the computer to the track. The only time you will need the computer is to upload the new firmware when it is released.

I'll add my observations from the big race. This is no ordinary club race, with over 100 racers, its one of the bigger events in OZ.

Firstly as Dragonfire said, we had very limited time for testing and with more testing, we might still find more speed.

In practice the car really didn't look very fast, but, the lap times were very very good. I really thought the Tekin's would have an advantage in the races but I was wrong. Side by side down the straight, the Team Wave was just as fast as any other ESC. I believe that on a longer track the Team Wave would have been even faster, the car never stopped accelerating even on the longest straight.

Compared to the almighty Tekin cars, our cars were whisper quiet. I think the noise of the Tekin's make them appear faster than they really are! In general, noise means lost energy. Team Wave have always had very efficient speed controllers and I expect this to remain the same.

I finished third in Modified to make it a pretty good day for Team Wave. This was my first event in Mod and I have no doubt that the smoothness of my RB50 made my car easier to drive than others. I used a 5.5 with the turbo on and had equal speed to someone using a 4.5.

Stay tuned for more info, not long now till we will have the fastest ESC on the market again. A big thanks to Team Wave for the hard work.