Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2004, 01:30 PM
rc-zombies
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by robk
"actually no...
front and rear toe blocks are identical. front has 2.5 of toe and 3.0 in the rear. the inside blocks are identical f/r but have different mount points than the toe-in blocks. you'll need the 0deg. blocks.. if you download the manual...you'll see why.."

Ok, now you have confused me even more... the manual shows 75144a/b and 75144 c/d as having a differing hole arrangement, then proceeds to tell you to stack a 75144a on a 75144c on page 8 right next to their note!?!? Probably an error, but basically you're saying the hole pattern is different on the f/r mount vs. the numbered toe in mounts (3.0, 2.5, etc.). Since that is a bust maybe another car's hubs could be used if they have toe in.. Kyosho rear hubs are similar, and I think they use 5x10mm bearings. Yokomos use 6x10s, so they are out.

I'm only bringing all this up because the carpet nats are in a month and 3* of toe will be slow
the hole pattern on the F/R mounts differ from the toe-in blocks that are used. the toe-in blocks are interchangable and can be used in both the front and rear.