Old 04-10-2010, 09:06 AM
ballsagna
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
mazda6 body

tried the R9-r and that made the car too nervous overall

and i have all the posts removed and all the flex screws out of the top deck
i looked at your set up posted april 5. here are some general comments on that set up (in the order that i looked at them on the setup sheet):

make sure that you try your current set up with new tires. also, make sure all of your shocks are exactly the same length. you might as well throw your car in the dumpster if you tires are compromised or your shocks vary in length. you will chase a set up forever.

once you try a new set of tires and get all your shocks the same length, consider the following:
  • steering throw/symetry/dual rate settings are useful. not sure why manufactureres dont have a place for this on set up. post them if you know them
  • indicate droop by distance in millimeters over ride height. the downstop setting itself is not enough, specifically with your use of HPI springs (see below). start with something safe like 1.5mm front and rear.
  • no indication of wheelbase - probably make it longer
  • too much front toe out
  • change inner ackerment position
  • increase track width both front and rear or indicate actual shimming
  • increase camber all around up to 2.5F and 3R
  • move upper rear shock to position 2
  • use the single hole arms all around
  • lose the HPI springs
  • drill pressure relief holes in shock caps
  • raise front and rear diffs
  • check for binding in rear CVDs at the diff as suggested a few pages back, or use short rear cvds

this might help you get closer to a base set up. from there you can adjust the chassis flex and kickup, etc. good luck