R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 04-09-2010, 01:45 AM
*SBH*
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by locked
I can understand why a sponsor might want what they sell to be what the team drives, especially when it performs so well right out of the box, but if a designer/racer were to test new things out, I imagine during competition would be a pretty good way to judge how well it truly performs. *shrugs*

I just ordered a Photon today. Been looking at TC kits for a while and finally just decided to get myself the current Photon. I love the design. I also think the CEFX Evo kit for it is extremely cool and I might eventually buy one for my new car. I'm going to start out with the stock kit, but if I happen to break the chassis or have tweak issues, I'll probably go right to the Evo instead of replacing the stock chassis. I would at least switch to the lipo only chassis and at that point I'd probably just go for the CEFX Evo kit. The stock Photon design is awesome. Josh did a great job. What he has done with the CEFX Evo looks like an improvement on an already awesome design.

Maybe they didn't have a very good contract or maybe everyone's intentions and expectations weren't perfectly clear. I certainly don't know, so speculation is probably not such a wise move on my part, but for some reason I keep typing. This breakup, in the long run, might not be good for TOP, but who knows? Given his creativity and ingenuity, I expect Josh will be perfectly fine. I apologize if someone like me, looking at this from the outside and commenting on it is offensive to anyone or deemed inappropriate, but hey, this is the internet. I doubt I'll say anything further on this particular subject anyway.
There can be so many reasons for the break up, but please remember that a professional car is not build/designed by only 1 guy alone. I am sure that TOP will continue it's succes, in a matter You havent seen before, and I am sure that all of You guys can look forward to a lot more interesting new products from T.O.P.

Soeren Boy Holst
Denmark