R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What about the generic brands?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 05:30 PM
vnmsgt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I know he didn't set out to knock HB, but truthfully, that's what he did. My point is HB has done much more than ONE race to earn their reputation. I admit that winning the Worlds only has helped them grow that reputation, but it is certainly not the only thing they have done as vnmsgt would suggest. My other point is it's pretty funny that a Caster supporter would try to belittle HB's reputation when Caster has nothing compared to it(at least not yet). Instead Caster should strive to achieve the reputation that HB has. It's as simple as that.
My apologies if It came out a little wrong. I was in no way try to knock HB. I was just trying to get people to remember what everyone was saying about the HotBodies right before the Worlds. It was a "you get what you pay for" thing with it and because it was so cheap then in no way could it be good, or so people thought. So alot of people never really gave it a chance till it won the Worlds, then it sold like hotcakes, because mainly of one race. Yes Ty has done alot for them.

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I agree, although I think part of the problem people have with Caster is that(and even Caster reps admit this) there vehicles really where very sub-par for a long time. I realize that they have changed that and are still working to further improve their products. But the poor quality of their previous version vehicles has left a bad taste in some people's mouths and I will add that it is rightfully so. Caster has some work to do to get their name back out there and prove that they now make a quality product.
I AGREE 100% You hit the nail on the head. Its just hard to get people to consider it again because of the past problems. People should give it another look. People still buy losi's even after all the throttle servo issues of the 1.0 plus some diff issues, Tamiya with the Truggy front arms breaking if you look at them wrong, Associated with there Kits they sent out to fix the front of the buggies when they were released, those are a couple more I just remembered, point is everyone has had problems, they redesign them, update them and make it better as time passes. Caster has done this.