R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What about the generic brands?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 02:06 PM
NitroLuver
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I agree, although I think part of the problem people have with Caster is that(and even Caster reps admit this) there vehicles really where very sub-par for a long time. I realize that they have changed that and are still working to further improve their products. But the poor quality of their previous version vehicles has left a bad taste in some people's mouths and I will add that it is rightfully so. Caster has some work to do to get their name back out there and prove that they now make a quality product.

As for the whole mugen copy thing, I see it. Anyone can see that the Caster vehicles' design has "borrowed" many elements from the design of the mugen MBX5 series of vehicles. I don't say this simply because it uses pillow ball suspension. If you can't admit that they are very close in design you are obviously only trying to hide that fact(which IMO is stupid). Does that mean they should die in a fire? I guess that is personal opinion. Personally I hold no grudge because of that fact.

Anyway I am done with my rambling. I have no ill wishes for Caster and will not say anything negative about them. They do have some work to do to make their name and IMO they can't be considered a "top contender" quite yet. Maybe that will change with time.
+1

Yea the previous models did suck but the newer ones are great. I think out biggest problem now is getting more out on the tracks. In due time we will grow