R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho FW-05R
Thread: Kyosho FW-05R
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Buggy Master
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally posted by RCSavant
Hi guys , I drive a V-One RR at the moment and am looking to go to either the Evo or FW05R. So I would like to ask a few questions , particularly about the FW05R.

1. How is the chassis rigidity with the FW05R ? From what I've seen the top deck only runs halfway on the left side of the car. Does the chassis tweak easily ? Ie there doesnt seem to a be alot of chassis support on top unlike the V1RR/Evo.

2. For the FW05R , what is the difference specifically between the 39 and 40 teeth crown gears ? Aside from the obvious fact of the change in ratio surely there must be some other major difference ? Ratios can be more easily tuned with pinions/spurs and im sure there must be a significant reason why kyosho offers this option to justify the tooling costs. Does it mesh better ? perhaps the 39t is a bit lighter as it has one less tooth !!???

Thanks, happy racing !
1. the top deck connects to both the front and rear diff bulkheads, and other supports mounted on the chassis. i don't think the chassis will tweak easier than any other car. although, i haven't crash hard enough to do so yet.

2. i heard that the 39t gears provide a better mesh and is smoother but i think the main reason for it is that there isn't too much spur and pinion gear options. you can modify mugen 0.8 pinion gears to work on the kyosho bell. they have 28 and 29 tooth available.