R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW AGAMA A8 BUGGGY
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Ruune
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Machine's R/C H
I got my Agama A8 yesterday! Ben building it for the last 24 hours and almost done. The car is even better then I expected. It is a cross between a Losi, Xray, and Mugen.

It looks a lot like my Losi but the geometry is way different and it has a ton of features and small touches that shows how much thought was put in to it when designing it. The chassis is super narrow and only weighs 9.3oz. The diffs and bulkheads are super small too. The body looks even better in person and has a very narrow cab. The nylon shock pistons are machined, not molded. They are huge, 17mm verses a 15mm Losi piston. The shocks are like Jammins but have 4mm shafts with an aluminum bottom cap so it won't loosen up or pull out during a hrad crash. All 6 CVD's are the same, so if you keep just 1 spare in your box, it will work anywhere. Ajustable susp plates are stock, so that will save you another $70 in upgrades. It has a ton of down travel because the shocks are much longer then Losi shocks. The plastic and steel looks and feels like my old Xray did. It comes with front and rear skid plates but way better then any I have seen before because the chassis is milled out so the skid plate sets down in the chassis so it does not stick out and grab things. it also comes with rear mud gaurds. It comes with a 17T clutch bell with 2 5x13 bearings.

I'll try to post some pictures but I am in a hurry to finish it because I am racing this weekend and next weekend locally.
Dude... I'm so glad to hear all that. didnt know about the skid plates...that's crazy! Same with the CVDs... about time someone put some thought into replacement parts and serviceability. Can you post some pics of the diffs?

Oh... and put me down for 2 next month, plus whatever parts you suggest.
T