R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How long did it take for you guys to get better?
Old 04-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Unsober1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Charles Godwin
Get to know what tyres work on what track conditions. Learn what each set-up adjustment can do to your car (or the theory behind it). Practice and race when you can. Maintain your car. That has got to be one of the biggest things people do not do and then they break during their final. Also i have found that taking a week or two off as a break always helps. By not doing it, when you get back to racing you have the desire to race harder. Or atleast i do . Get consistant lap times (with in .6 i'd say is fairly damn good for offroad) and be smooth.
Dude ?

get your lap times within .6 seconds on each other ?

Thats on par with the better racers in the world. Look at the pros lap times. Your talking about alot for an average racers.

I dont know what tracks yr racing on, but most tracks I run on are 30-50 second tracks and I would say that if you can keep most lap times withing about 3 seconds of each other, your doing a pretty good job. Sure the more consistant the better, but if you can avoid the occasional heavy lap, you will be in the upper level of your class if your lap times match.