R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - I bought a used stampede, it's gutless, help.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:48 PM
vettespeed
Tech Initiate

Yah,
This is just a basher for around the neighborhood, if I decide to race I'll probably race the GS Storm Pro. As far as the batteries yes they are loose cells that come supplied with wire, shrink wrap, and tamaya plug. I'm not too concerned about it being difficult to put them together I just need to know how and if I have everything I need. Do I solder them, someone mentioned battery bones??? Haven't decided on a motor yet but roadragehobbies has free shipping, that's a nice $6.00 savings, and I was checking out the 19t spec motors because of the amount of replies suggesting them for having lots of torque. I clicked on the specs for the Team Orion Element 19T Spec Motor and it said "This motor may be used with any electric car or truck that has gears strong enough to handle 19 turn motors." What's this mean, does this mean I'm gonna start breaking parts with a 19t spec motor or a 17t motor as opposed to say a 27 turn stocker. I just want a basher for around the neighborhood. I'd like to stick to just working on the GS Storm Pro.