R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC
Old 04-06-2010, 11:24 PM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
TryHard: Its an interesting thing you did there with the 000 insert in the LRP motor. I have played with this speedy and others and I think that while it does get off the line well, it could be better compared to how it goes once it is up and running. I have been thinking that with zero timing you have to wait a fair bit into the "cheat" rpm range for the power to really start to pick up. So why not start with a small amount of timming to begin with and increase the range over which the RPM shifts? I have yet to have the opportunity to test this but I think with a sensible setup it will be faster yet again in every way.

Something my brother has stated for a long time now is that certain motors like a little bit of timing to "wake them up". They simply don't go with too little timing...
I would probably agree with that.
Originally when I started running this speedy and motor, I was indoors, so having mega torque was a bonus, and same went for one of the first tracks I went too outdoors. Literally was driving the car like a modified it had so much bottom end torque.
Now I've shifted to the larger tracks and longer straights, that torque isn't as useful, so some more rpm through the range is the better bet... I may yet go back to the oo insert when we get to Halifax, as its a massive straight, and all about high corner speed imo, no real hard acceleration zones.
I'm still playing with the ramp region, not yet fully happy on how I can use it to fully tune the car. Keep meaning to go and put the telemetry back on to see what the cars reving too on certain points of a track... Must do that again

Cheers
Ed