R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2004, 02:51 PM
sands
Tech Addict

Originally posted by SPEEDx971
Hy everybody, i'm new to your 12th forum and i want you help to choose the good stuff to do The Final Championship in Europe.I race since 11 years but i never ran a 12th.I don't worry for my driving i race 1/8thIC and Pro10...If possible drop me the good car where i have not to change all the car on a accident

Thank
For a link car, most run CRC carpet knife 3.2 or SpeedMerchant Rev3. Probably faster for stock.

For a t-bar car it seams to be the IRS rug rat, based on the Associated 12L3. Better for mod too.

Diff - either CRC or IRS large ring for both mod and stock.

Pivot balls - run either the niftech bronze ones or the teflon impregneted aluminum, both for the t-plate (if that's your car) and the front end on the "new style" parts.

There is some debate about the front ends. Some swear by the "old skool" front end. No reactive caster, but the general concensus is that it will not tweek, is more robust, and is more consistent, run to run.

I run the "new style" reactive caster. I feal it is more consistent fealing in and out of the corner. I've not had a problem with tweek, but then I'm not a top tier racer in 1/12th. It also needs more care and maintenance. It's not as adjustable as they say either - to get the caster the same left to right you need to shim them differently. Apparently the Caster blocks are not well molded.

Motors - depends on track and class. Monster for stock is probably the best starting point.

ESC - I like the LRP Quantum Comp, small and very smooth. Some run the Novak GT7 with success. Although you will have a different selection in Europe. I think GM has a good reputation.

Bodies - Parma speed 8, CEFX, Ascari, etc are all popluar for stock. The speed 8 more for mod.

A lot depends on if you will run mod or stock.