R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 01:55 AM
geubes
Tech Adept

settings were:

Duo2 13.5 with 12 degrees advancement on endbell
FDR: 6.96 (89 spur, 23 pinion, 1.8 internal ratio)
Motor was coming off around 65-75 degrees C after 5 minutes.
software used: 318
settings:
DRRS: 7
ATMS: 5
12: 7
13: 1
14: 3
15: 5

Next thing i want to play with is increasing the RPM delay and removing motor-can timing to reduce the temps a little.

I tried setting DRRS to 8 eariler in the day (when it was cooler) and it increase motor temps but not lap times - so taking it back to 7 made the motor cooler but no slower.

I also tried reducing 14 to setting 2 (0.1 second delay) but it made the car harder to drive onto the straight and on the infield. it also increased motor temps due to the low rpm delay.

ideally ide like to keep the time delay as low as possible (off if preferable) and go on RPM delay. it appears to wait till full throttle before engaging on 318 - but if someone could confirm that, it would be really useful

definitely more testing required. ive now run it 3 times and its getting better each time, but theres still lots to test on it.

next step is again rpm and fdr changes to find that sweet spot... im hoping that when i find the sweet spot for the motor / track combo, it should be fairly similar on other tracks - with a few minor adjustments to delays.