R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 04:41 PM
blis
Tech Elite

Default it's a good car.. can be better!

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
why was the 2009 g4rs a disappointment?

I still have a brand spanking new g4rs from 2008 I need to buy a pipe for it...
I dont think it was a dissappointment as much as it was an evolution that needs development and there's not enough garage support and all the parts are new and non-interchangable from the previous 502x chassis.

I think it would have been wiser to have waited and released an RS09 EVO along with the 09JR, or called the RS a JR like it really is, so that drivers could have had options to work with. My first impressions were the split rear bulkheads were too small for plastics, and there was not enough alloy overall to compete with other matured chassis'

Since the RS09 a lot of of 502X chassis have come onto market second hand in my midst and my 2 years with the 502x has been shared with these new comers. It's not boasting, it's just fact that all chassis have their particular issues and sharing common tips always improves performance.

It didnt help that the distributor in Australia also acquired the Xray product and the outcome would be obvious, nothing against the distributor, he's gotta do what the market wants of him.

Hence, all the main guys running RS09s have jumped ship and there's a bunch of 502x runners enjoying a large amount of 2nd parts and chassis available and the same I hope happens with the RS09.

I think TM has done the right thing not pulling the plug on the 502x parts, if they did, I fear they'd lose even more market share. So whilst Ive invested a large budget into the 502x Im not in a position to move to the RS09 until such time an EVO appears and by them it might be worth looking into.

Unfortunately for TM I also feel that this will probably clash with the Mugen releases and there's so much momentum with other brands at the moment, they'll need to have a serious think about keeping the cars in the garages.