View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Me_MrTyson
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. MR4
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the info once again

I will be using the LRP X11 10.5 with fixed timing.

Does the BD like ratios like 5.0? With LRP SPX I use 6.3 for medium sized outdoor asphalt track.

Cheers
Karl
Hey Karl,

My local track is a 10-11 second lap time...

running a 17.5 the rollout is about 37-39 depending on ESC, however with BD we started using that rollout you could hear the ESC was flogged / spent just after leaving the corner.

So we started to gear down and down we ended up with 49.88 rollout. Without a heatsink on the motor it was coming off at 180f which is not perfect but still not to bad.

The bit which shall get you is the car looks really slow everyone watching will ask if the car is moving..

Black Diamonds's best bit is how it delivery's the power, it's so smooth when putting power to the wheels you then gain so much power out of the corner with the abilty to power on just after the corner starts. It shall give you real confidence to go hard and still always looks slow.

Other ESC have a real surge of power which might be quick but if your car is smooth you hit your braking point and corners perfect everytime. Races are not all about POWER POWER POWER you need to corner too

When testing please test your motor and ESC after 5-7 laps or 1 minute.

We found the motor temp seems to stay consistant such is the software it just works. You have to love the Swiss

Post some feedback with your testing..

if you have an iPhone these are 2 must have app's..

Gear it
Timicide

They should help with your setup

Alex