R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 02:48 PM
Matt Howard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Sorcerer001
So I just purchased an SSG SD off of a fellow board member, and I'm now a little concerned that I should have read through this thread before doing so. Not that I wouldn't have purchased the car, but I would've known what's required to make the car really hook up.
I've been running TC3's a while, but had to take a break from racing when my wife took off nearly two years ago. When I found out that the electric onroad Nationals are being held locally this year, I decided this would be an oportune time to jump back in to racing. I sold my FT TC3 over a year ago, and decided that I should try something different, so I bought the SD SSG.
For the amount of aftermarket stuff I've read about in this thread, I'm a little concerned that I may have saved money by buying a new FT TC3 or a Losi XXX-S Graphite. How much of the stuff you guys are chatting about would be considered "necessary"? I'm usually a high A-main finisher at the local and regional level, and I've done this with box stock TC3's.
What are the problems encountered with the Yokomo? Are there easy fixes that don't require importing a ton of parts from Europe or Japan?
I'm sure that some of the answers lie in the 200+ pages here, but I don't have the patience to browse through all of them. Any help would be apprecieated. Thanks!
The stock SSG car is perfectly fine for racing on asphalt. The only thing you'll need to get are an assortment of springs. Most of the stuff talked about here is just eye candy. Good luck and if you have any problems just ask!