R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The heck with Spec sedans...Duct Tape Class baby..Yeah!
Old 02-16-2004, 12:47 PM
GordonFreeman
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yup, I've learn that I enjoy life much better when I don't do things I don't like to do. I also don't really enjoy things I'm not good at either. But I remember when I was a kid and we had a wood deck that would get real slimy after it rained. I would take my tricycle out there and do oval drift laps on it, seriously! I had no idea what I was doing, I just knew it was fun! Now I'm too old for that so when it snows a few inches I take my TransAm out on the backroads and spend most of my time sideways.

It's one thing to just be out of control sliding around and doing donuts in a parking lot (which I don't really find very entertaining). It's another to actually do it with a path in mind (like a racetrack). Take a look at that video I URLed above. The guys on that racetrack are awesome, I find it hard to believe you can't appreciate the skill involved in making a car do that.

Apparently this is the new big thing in Japan and is taking off other places too. I had no idea this kind of class actually existed when I put tape on the tires. Thanks for the good links KevanB.

It's just a different type of racing. It's essentially rally racing. You can usually find that on ESPN.

Maybe if there are starting to be too many classes on Sunday we could start a fun day racing (Drift, micros, whatever) and have a more serious day for the dedicated Stock guys. Although it's probably more efficient to do it all on one day.

We definitly need to try to get this class into the Carpet Challange.

I just can't wait for next Sunday's Drift class!