R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What about the generic brands?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 02:09 PM
ScottyM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter
What year was it that he had the issues? Is he a good driver? What were the temps? If he doesn't have a new 2010 model, there is no reason to have this discussion, but I will say that we have a few guys that have never or very rarely broken a Caster part on our team and they have raced for over a year. Dskredbaron and Doug Lightcap and Jonathan Hernandez come to mind.

You can have your opinion, but I know a few guys that left hotbodies for us because they were tired of diff issues and chassis issues, a few that left Kyosho, a guy that sold his xray, etc.... and we had a recent convert from a Mugen MBX6 because he thought his Mugen broke too much. I know for a fact that if you are in OK, you haven't seen our new stuff which is lightyears ahead of 2009, which is lightyears ahead of 2008, etc....

But there is no reason to turn this into a flame war. Hopefully you get a chance to see our cars in the future and realize that I am not embellishing anything. It will take a few more years, but we are gaining more dealers, therefore, we will have more parts support in the US and more choices for the end consumer.
Truck was bought by him for his own christmas gift Dec 2009.. If that ain't a 2010 model then it should have been.. I don't know the temps but we were racin indoors.. about 40-50 I would guess inside but blow freezing out side..

I actually race with Caster Team driver Dustin Hamilton about once a month, and his buggy doesn't seem to have any troubles, but the guy I refered to had trouble with his truggy to the point he put it up for sale..

I didn't start a flame war, but I have seen where you have posted that your quality is as good as Kyosho and X-ray, and better than Hot Bodies and OFNA multiple times, and it simply isn't true. I had a Jammin CRT that I never touched except to freshen oils in and replace 1 A-arm in 3 years.. Now the CRT is a tank no doubt, but It didn't break either.. I now run a Hot Bodies D8 and D8T, and all I can say is WOW these two are killer to drive..

Basicly all I am saying is the Caster is going to have to become a big force before I ever consider buying one..