R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Bring Back 1/10 Scale Pan Car Poll!!
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 11:08 AM
CypressMidWest
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Pan Car speed

Originally posted by Pro ten Holland
Here's my opinion on the dying off our racing class: the cars were becoming too fast. And I do NOT mean for the DRIVERS, but for the Nitro racers. At least, that's what seamed to have happened here in Europe. Here in Holland, Serpent controlls most of the RC racing. High people from Serpent are in the NOMAC (Dutch version of ROAR). Even with 2400-batteries and 12 turn motors, pro 10 cars are just as fast as 1/10th nitro cars, but way less expensive to run. With the introduction of newer batteries and even faster, and more wear-friendly motors, nitro isn't all that interesting anymore. And that is where the company's start to lose profit! Look at what Trinity is trying with it's adds against brushless motors! Touring cars were the solution for the Big RC company's: less speed and more running-cost.

On another note: restricting the number of turns doesn't really hamper top speed of these cars. It will make them somewhat easier to drive. I'd say: go with WIDE car's: they're easier to drive, and just faster around a track. I don't know what to think off four cells, the cars are already underweight with 6 cells!
Going with wide cars is no problem with body-selection. Hot Body's make an excellent Toyota, Pro line still makes the peugeot, and Team Associated still makes the '92 Nissan in big numbers, no problem! And if this class makes a large comeback, more company's will start producing body's.
Yes, as Pontiac says "Wider is Better"