R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - always losing in a race...
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 09:16 AM
DOMIT
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mbx5rcr34
thks & you guys mention the "epa" thing ,how you guys set-up your epa ? as stated early 80-90?? ,i did try that before but not that long cause i can see the servo tray move everytime i applied the throttle (full) ,is that good ?? any input here ,thks
Remove your air filter. Turn on your radio and receiver. Look down the throat of the carb... and pull your throttle. Back off the endpoint until the throttle JUST opens all the way... beyond that is not needed, and can in fact stress the servo, the carb, etc. (Which is why you see the servo tray move.) That is your 100% point, although the radio may not say it is 100%. To limit to 90% or 80% of that, just set your epa to 90% or 80% of whatever number it shows as your full wide-open setting there... so for example if the throttle shows 90% where the carb is fully open, 90% of that would actually be about 81% on the radio, 80% of that would be about 72% on the radio, etc. Or if it showed 110% epa when the carb is fully open, 90% of that would be about 99% on the epa, 80% would be about 88% on the epa, etc.

Hope that helps.