R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Putting the Losi on a diet
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 07:49 AM
Slider30250
Tech Regular

First thing is keep your truck from drive thru eating. Taco bell, Mc Donalds, and the like are terrible for your trucks appearance. No binge eating either. Keep an eye out for the first few weeks from sneakin eating at night.
I KNEW IT!!!!!!! Thats where my groceries have been going! I thought the 8ight t was looking a little thick around the middle, thats it, it's going on the treadmill when I get home today!!!!

lighter rims and tires will defiely help, 2nd i whould say a lighter chassis lighter spur gear.
TC5 MAN, I have J Concepts tires and foams on Pro Line LPR rims as well as Losi LPR's

Freeing up the drivetrain is the best way to make the car feel lighter. I would start with lightened outdrives on the diffs, lightened spurgear, alum f/r center driveline couplers and then only if you feel it necessary alum axles. Do be warned that the f/r drveline couplers will wear quicke than the stock so you need to rotate them sooner and use new holes and the alum axles will break occasionally. But to free up the power that is the best fastest way to make the car feel lighter.

Frank L, I thought about putting some light weight drivline components on but I'm wondering if it that will just make the truck harder to drive on slick tracks due to the increased punch the engine will have.