R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRAY T3
Thread: XRAY T3
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 09:53 AM
Korgae
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Yes the stock pulley has to be opened up for the center section clearence. I also made it so I could shift the outer gear over to get better alignment with the idle pulleys, no belt rub. You have to use the 50mm shafts, you also have to shim the new diff as its just a bit narrower that a stock one, I have it biased to the left, again for belt alignment. When this is done with the 50mm shafts you may have a very slight bind, put its only with the shocks off and the left suspension all the way up, (top of tire close to top of shock tower), no where near where your suspension travel will ever get to. Some are trying to only run one idle gear per shaft, guess that could work, I haven't tried it myself. I think if your into a higher power class and do a lot of diff rebuilds this is a worthwhile mod. I ran it in stock and don't think it was a performance penalty.
We still need to weigh it as well...

@ Jim, I will be sending yours out shortly, I met with Gary and talked about a parts list for a complete conversion. 50MM bones, 3.0 blades, 2.5mm screws and I am a shim kit.

Let me know if you have the 50mm bones and I will send the rest out...

After seeing Gary's in action I am looking forward to trying it... Also made me think about the posibility's of what you and I talked abount with the front slipper we can chat later.