R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tuning consistency questions
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 05:30 PM
hdcruzer
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattFL
I did basically just what you said, and you had it right; fat on bottom. The only thing that bugs me is I adjust for a really solid smooth slow idle (idles the exact same RPM forever), then the mid-throttle is waaay to rich. If I adjust for great mid-throttle response with no loading up, then the idle is lean and a little unstable but usable, and the drivability is much much better. I guess with this carb I just can't have both a nice solid idle and great mid-throttle response, but I don't idle that much so I'm satisfied.
Matt put your Idle back to where it idles good your flat spot is past half throttle thats top end . Now you get to have fun. Try leaning the top an hr at a time and see what it does. If it gets worse then start fattining an hr at atime until it gets better and then best. Ive been doing this for about a year now. and have it figured out pretty good. But the no smoke thing when you take off and the flat spot in the middle sounds like your starving for fuel . I say put it back to where it idles good with a good take off and fatten the top a couple hours and see what happens