R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 01:19 PM
macdude
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Question for Randy etc at Tekin.

With regard to the weak brakes problem that a lot of people have expewrienced, including me;

It has bveen suggested by another person who has suffered to try setting the motor to forward & reverse, the reducing the brake/reverse endpoint of the transmitter down to a level that enables the speed control to try and engage reverse but so weakly that it actualls appears as strong brakes.

I.e, when my reverse side is set to 35%, if I hold the car off the ground and pull back on the stick I get the high pitch 'frequency' type of sound but no reverse movement.

My main question is, If I race with it like this using weak reverse as my brakes, will this cause any damage or overheating etc.

Skiddins
Have you checked your sensor cable? If the sensor cable come out or loses connection, the controller defaults to sensorless mode which has very weak breaks. The default setup for the controller is to run in hybrid mode with senored start and sensorless run and this also has very weak breaks compared to sensored mode. I would check this first. I had it happen a couple of race days ago, and it turned out that the sensor cable was just loose.