R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - I bought a used stampede, it's gutless, help.
Old 02-15-2004, 03:02 PM
vettespeed
Tech Initiate

Default I bought a used stampede, it's gutless, help, new to electric.

I bought an electric Traxxas Stampede used off of ebay RTR w/a Dynamite Vision Peak 2 charger and (2) "AMP MAX II 1500 MAH" batteries. Everything is used but seems to have little use on it. I don't know what to expect because I am new to electric R/C but was just simply looking for something to play around the house with that would run good in the grass and handle a little terrain, just your typical unperfect bumpy lawn. The GS Strom Pro Nitro) is just too loud for the neighborhood. This thing seems to be gutless. It goes OK on flat carpet or ground but any incline at all or any bumpiness in the grass and it will barely move. It definately isn't doing wheelies like on the side of the box. Maybe the batteries are shot??? Maybe the motor is shot??? Maybe the charger isn't working properly??? When I hook up the batteries to the charger the LED indicators climb until it reaches the "Full" green indicator which then proceeds to flash but the directions to the charger say that "once the battery has peaked, the charger will automatically switch to trickle charge. You will know that the charger has entered trickle when the charger repeatedly beeps, and the LED continuously flashes." Well the charger doesn't beep. Am I expecting too much from this thing or do you think something is wrong? I have made adjustments to the ESC as the directions describe and everything seems to be running free without anything binding. Any advice that would either point me to the problem or let me know that my expectations were too high would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot, Mike.

P.S. The charger manual describes "re-peaking" a battery after a full charge, what does this mean and why would you do it?

Last edited by vettespeed; 02-15-2004 at 03:19 PM.