R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 03-29-2010, 07:57 AM
mrrcguy
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmie
Finally have had the time to paint a body for my car, so I decided to show it off Never had a red paint job, so it seems fitting since the chassis is red.

Also I included a custom fan mount I made up for the car. Maybe it will give someone a idea if they wanted to mount a fan. Keeps the weight low, and is adjustable if I change motor position due to gearing. Enjoy!

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Originally Posted by Team STPN
Let me know if you need help on the car at Speedworld. This link has EJs set up (http://www.tchub.info/) with other set ups too. I believe the only change on EJs set up for Speedworld is the front shocks are stiffer and the pistons are 1.2s.
Originally Posted by TheOtherBill
Thanks STPN, will do I have the car about built. Waiting on a Servo and ESC, running F-1 tommorow will bring it then. Not quite sure about the cam adjusters on the hinge pin mounts?? Thanks
Originally Posted by bigbank66
E.j. SETUP WORKS GREAT AT SPEEDWORLD...I STARTED AT THAT POINT AN THEN MAID SOME CHANGES TO MY LIKING...EVERYBODY DRIVING STYLE IS DIFFERENT...I MUST SAY MY CAR WORKS WELL FOR MY STYLE OF DRIVING...I HAVE DRIVEN EVERY CAR ON THE MARKET AT SPEEDWORLD AN I LOVE THE FEEL OF THE TOPS....I LET OTHER DRIVERS USE MY CAR ALSO AN BELIEVE ME BILLY CAN KEEP THEM ON THE SHELF...TOPS HAS BUILT A VERY GOOD CAR!!!!
Originally Posted by stiltskin
Two more TQ's yesterday. Won Mod. Lined up in 17.5 on the pole. One of the other driver's decided to take another lap before lining up and my rear arm paid for it. He felt worse about it than I did. New car coming in a couple of weeks and asphalt season begins. Can't wait to see what this thing does outside.
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Congrats to Vincent Jackson for his roar Carpet National Title in 13.5 Rubber.

Awesome work man.

Top is on a Roll

I haven't heard if Josh won or not though.
Originally Posted by schreff
Darn right Larry... TOP is on a roll.

Congrats Vince!!
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Just got a report that Top is 2x national champs in Carpet Rubber tire this year.

Josh Cyrul Won Mod Rubber and Vincent Jackson won 13.5

Congrats Josh

Look out world Top is taking over.
Originally Posted by TeamB&B
Big congratulations to Vince Jackson. Vince is getting his first national title in electric instead of nitro where he is a terror.

Vince is a very gifted racer. The question is when is he going to start getting ready for the 1/10 Nitro World in Porter, TX this summer?

Vince is also awesome on rubber on asphalt. In the video, Vince is driving the orange XRAY 009. He might be a tad slower with his TOP car when Jackson RC starts the season on April 24th.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Originally Posted by haywood
Hey guys I just got back from the Minnesota State Championships in Duluth Minnesota where my Photon took 1st in 17.5 and 2nd in 13.5.We had over 125 total entries and a pretty good field of touring cars.
Originally Posted by Timmie
Congratulations everyone

Ran my Photon for the first time on asphalt today as well. TQed and won 10.5. On Solaris hards But we almost got rained on for the mains, track dropped temp fast and I had some Tokyo Drift going on, but sure was fun! Tires worked pretty good when the sun was out.
Originally Posted by Vince
thanks everyone for your support, i appreciate it. the car was really good, the best i've had it so far. i will post the set up soon
Originally Posted by bigbank66
Once again the photon ruled speedworld raceway today
Mod A main
1st.....Scott K...T.Q.

17.5 A main
1st Henry T....T.Q.
2nd Nelson J....

All Tops drivers....This car is a winner out the box...smoothest car i ever put down on four tires!!!! great job fellas!!!
Originally Posted by stiltskin
Looks like the TQ and win bug is catching on all over the place. Congratulations to everyone.

Haywood. Way to lay it down.

Timmie. As always, great job.

Big congrats to all of the TOP racers at the ROAR Nats. The car did very well.
Originally Posted by KAHUNA

. Great job Vinnie , You and Josh looked like you both were on a Sunday drive !!!

There were four podium finishes for the Top car Yesterday at the Nats. !!!

Also Great job Timmie down there in N. Carolina !

CONGRATS TO ALL!! NOW GOT THOSE PHOTONS TO THE SHOOTOUT AND DO THE SAME!!!!!!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...formation.html