R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Shepherd Velox V10
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 04:22 AM
jas1
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Geberit
Hallo,

Yesterday I ran the car for the first time. I used a Novarossi Flash .12 engine. All settings used were standard (kit settings). The clutch and gearbox worked fantastic, nearly no adjustments were needed. In the evening when I checked the car everything looks fine with no signs of any kind of wear.

In two weeks we have the first national race and if everything works like yesterday …

Cheers
I ran my v10 for the 2nd time yesterday, I made a few minor adjustments, the car seems to react will with small adjustments, but like you on my first run with the kit setup the car felt very good.
I have found an annoying problem thou, if you have any movement on the 2 speed shaft, I usually run a tiny gap so not to put pressure on the bearings, then the pin holding the 2 speed in place falls out, there is next to nothing holding it in place.
But overall I'm happy with the car.
I'm writing a blog covering the progress of me and the guys in the uk shepherd team running the national series, maybe some of you guys in other countries could do the same, be interesting to see how everyone gets on!