R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tuning consistency questions
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 06:16 PM
hdcruzer
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattFL
Thanks for the tips. I tried 1/8 turn richer on top and when the tank is full it won't rev out at all, so I guess it wasn't as lean as I thought on top. But going leaner on bottom did help it to not load up at 1/2 throttle, but the idle is very lean. It acts like when you pinch the gas line with your fingers; smooth idle for a couple seconds, then the idle races up and it stalls. If you blip the throttle then the idle will settle for a couple more seconds before racing up again. However the throttle response everywhere above idle is fantastic. I wonder if I've got an air leak somewhere?
You shouldnt have an air leak. With an airleak it will hardly run at all. Heres another way to do it. Put both needles flush make sure your air gap is correct. Start with the low speed and lean it till you have the idle you want. Then get out and drive it till its warm. Start leaning the top 1 or 2 hrs at a time until you get the top end performance you want. bring it in and check the idle if its to fast then fatten the bottom a little if its to slow then lean the bottom a little. Its kinda hard to explain but if I were there to help you we could do it in a couple of mins.