R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 03-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Timmie
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macdude
I have been wanting to try running a diff up front since I started racing again. Last time I was running TC everyone was running a front diff. I suppose you might be able to get a similar effect if you where to run with no balls with the rings really tight to the diff. That way you still get some diff action but almost no slip. Might make the tires wear better. And the car would have much more steering. I think I might have to try that this weekend. _
Yeah you are right,

Tire wear will go down as well. Not only that, but you won't have spool chatter(though I've noticed it's almost non existent with the Photon) less wear on the front axles, and less chance of bending a axle in a really bad wreck.

On other cars I've made slipper spools before using Traxxas nitro truck spur gear pegs. So if you have a spare ball diff for your car, hit up your local hobby shop for the spur gear pegs. You might have to open up the holes in the pulley some, but then once installed you can lock the ball diff down but adjust a little slip in it.