R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - R/C Tech Live @ the 2004 Trinity/Car Action Snowbird Nationals
Old 02-13-2004, 09:03 AM
J.Filipow
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

futureal- Congrats Editor! You did it...managing 500+ JPEGS and editing them down to the best few. Thanks for allowing me to help out, it was a blast and a few of the shots are really dope. This is probably one of my favorites, I think it was Matt's TQ 19T run in the final round. Anyway...congrats on all the work; great job!

TBat007- Shooting the 'action' part event was really difficult...not only were the conditions (indoor, low light, on road/oval) not particularly photogenic, the photographers were very limited by positions/vantage points available and camera mounted flash. The use of flash was absolutely necessary, but it needed to be aimed AWAY from the drivers stand (not to blind anyone)...the rear-curtain sync and a slow shutter speed are probably the trick to a few of my decent shots. I am also using a high-end digital 35 SLR, so I would imagine getting any of this stuff with a point and shoot digital would be pretty tough. (I am really looking forward to seeing some of Derek Buono's images in print, some of the action stuff he shot was great).