R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xipp Battery Zapper- is it a worthy investment?
Old 02-13-2004, 07:52 AM
marvi
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

i used the zapper for the first time this afternoon. well, the good news is, im still in one piece , no electrical shocks or anything. i was reading the manual, well, actually a sheet of paper with some instructions and i was at first hesistant to use it on my own because of the warnings indicated.

the bad news is, i cannot go out and test the batterys on the track for at least two weeks because of prior obligations

instead of running the batts on my car, can i see results when i cycle the batts? what numbers do i expect to go up - run time, average voltage, or both? do i expect the IR to go down? are these improvements gonna be drastic, if any? im using an eagle CDC charger and i took down readings before i zapped the batteries. the zapper "manual" said to wait at least 72 hours before matching, so i guess ill have to wait, too, before i cycle.

i trayed the batts first then after a few minutes, proceeded to zap them one by one. one question - how long should i wait before i zap the next cell? after arming the switch and pushing it, the cap voltage never went to zero, it just hovered around .9v and below, but not zero. i waited for a few minutes but it still didnt display zero voltage. to be safe, i zapped each cell in five minute intervals. is this correct?