R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR new body rules
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 10:41 AM
freestylinmotox
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Am I the only one that see's this as a good thing?

I've said this before and here we go again;

As a racer, yeah I want the latest fastest thing to help me win. If everyone has it anyway, so what? No difference if it's legal or not as everyone who is serious will have what makes them fast.

On the flip side, being in the industry I see this as a great thing for the long term. People identify with what is the norm and tend to gravitate to it before they go to the unknown.

When we display our race cars in the general public (Mazdafest, RCX etc) people "OOH and Awe" at the realistic cars like the HPI Cup Racer, The Tamiya RCGT car or our short course trucks. The only thing they are remotely interested in the 1/8th stuff is "Is that gas powered?" "How fast is that?"

To bring in new people to the sport and keep what we have and try to grow it we need to get back to what this was all about "Model car racing" not Hanger 18 or Area 51 alien technology.
I couldnt agree with you more! Yes, technology and new manufacturing techniques have revolutionized the RC industry, but the line needs to be drawn at some point! I see this as a positive thing for the RC industry and maybe manufacturers will start thinking about new aspects that appeal to the crowds more!