R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 05:47 AM
B4james
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Running the RS without the cap is bad. It will cause the unit to run hotter than it should. The performance won't suffer but the unit itself will. If you need a cap in a pinch a good 16v 1000uf will work in it's place until you get the correct one: TT3520.
Originally Posted by Benzaah
Randy, It came off on the last run of the day so at most 6 minutes run time without a cap. I was running 17.5 and the ESC temped at around 55c(130f) and motor at 90c(194f) which is a bit hotter than the 80/85c i was running most of the weekend. Not to detract from the Tekin but can i use a power cap from an LRP sphere on this speedo? I do not like the way this little cap hangs on and i dont have the room to mount it in a safe way without exposing the posts to the outside of the car. We run on an outdoor track with lots of little quartz rock that can cause havok if it bridges the posts. My issue with my current set up is the sensor wire fouling the cap and rubbing on it till it worked its way to snapping the tiny posts.

Thoughts would be appreciated, regards Benzaah.

Hey Ben,

If you get stuck and need a cap let me know, I have some brand new Tekin ones to get you out of trouble. Also I will take a look at your set up on the weekend and show you how I have mine soldered up, if done right you shouldnt have any problems with the cap and sensor wire

Cheers,

James