Old 03-21-2010, 09:11 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Wide Pan News

Common Sense RC, 6mm connectors

I thought I would show a photo of the new plugs on the wide pan. See the second photo. A plug failure on the touring car actually prompted this change. The plugs have many nice features.

They don't have fingers that make the plug loose spring tension with high current. Instead, they have tapered slots that make the male part of the plug wedge into the female end.
The soldering end is walled off from the main plug.
The plug is short and compact, but is 6 mm in diameter.
The plug comes with big heavy shrink wrap that goes on after soldering.
Probably could be rated to 200 amps; A similar model from castle is. I could not find ratings on their web site. It produced a very neat install on the JS Pro 10 wide pan.

The new plugs are at the bottom of the first pic. The plugs in the pic are rated worst at top and best at bottom. More details and a comparison of different plugs on my TC track test here.

JS Pro 200 kit on CRC Battle Axe 2.0
I put the new kit on the bench for a roll center measurement. See the third photo. I had previously set up the shims on the kingpins at the track for the traction I desired. The roll center is .3 in the photo. Just below the chassis. Moving the upper A-arms outer ends down one spacer will lower it as will moving the lower A-arms outer end up one spacer. Making both moves will put the roll center at the ground. I Have an Excell Spreadsheet that helps you calculate the roll center, after you have made some measurements on the bench. Send me an e-mail for a copy. I will put it on my website next week some time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Battle Axe and JS Pro 10 020.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	570507   Click image for larger version

Name:	Battle Axe and JS Pro 10 019.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	570508   Click image for larger version

Name:	Battle Axe and JS Pro 10 017.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	570509   Click image for larger version

Name:	Common Sense RC 6 mm plugs 001.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	570514  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 03-22-2010 at 08:56 PM.