R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Me_MrTyson
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
Alex,

At the moment the BD is not any faster. It is the same pace. If you look at the times there was not a whole lot of difference. Only real difference was if one of them crashed. I am sure that if the BD was the answer from the gods w would have seen it in the brushless class at TITC but alas none in sight

The big difference is the price

Even if it proves to be faster I am not so sure racers would like to take out a mortgage on their house to buy one. Unfortunately not all racers have the spare cash that you have Especially if they spend the large amount and LRP or anyone come out with something faster the following week. You dont see Mounty buying one yet. He is just bludging yours

Cannon,

The price could be a big problem, however as we know people will spend if they think it could be a winning formula.

Not everyone can afford one I am lucky to have enough money to run this product.

The software on this ESC was developed last August ready for the ICC in Los Vegas why I call it v1. Work that out call it 7-8 month old, cannot wait to see what v2 has to offer.

Mount was asked by me to test the speedy, Windsor track record can be made using this ESC (which for me shows the quality of this ESC ) so did not take much for me to agree on letting him keep it another week.

There are ulterior motives for this move on my half.. Club Challenge is coming up and I have registered for 17.5 getting someone quick to find good gearing saves me doing it

Can spend my time setting up my Mod GM powered car instead.

Alex