R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Official ROAR Festivus Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 02:59 PM
chensleyrc1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I think this would help the local racing also. Rotate the regional from track to track within the region. And make it a requirement to run the nationals. That way local tracks get a turn at hosting, and all the racers pro and sportsman will have to show for the regional to go to the national.

Originally Posted by Dhartman03
+1 on this thought, and my .02...

I’ve been reading through all of this over the many months of discussion throughout R/C Tech and have an idea on how to make sense of everything. The people of ROAR, and/or whoever else maybe, create a survey thread (on here or the ROAR service) surveying racers with the many thoughts/questions/ideas that have come through here. Maybe even start a thread for people to voice their thoughts/questions/ideas titled and based to build this survey. A well built survey can provide great feedback if designed and reported right…

Building on the thought of chensleyrc1, what if you had a pool of the following classes: stock and mod foam TC, stock and mod Rubber TC, and stock and mod 1/12; and offered any combination of these classes at all regional races, and a house class(s). Also, whatever standards are set to define the differences in these classes, I remember when the difference between stock and mod was around 1.0-1.2 seconds per lap. From there take the top qualifiers (whatever number) from each regional, eligible to race at the nationals in a “Championship” class. You could also make particular classes offered at other big races (ex: IIC, Birds…) and/or particular legs of series races (ex: NEGS) qualify for this “Championship” class too. Giving racers, hopefully, plenty of chances and opportunity to qualify.

If you race in this “Championship” class at the nationals, you can’t race in basic stock or mod, and vice versa, with one exception of mod. It kind of sounds like old school Cleveland rules where stock, 19 turn, and mod were offered, but if you raced mod, you couldn’t stock, but everyone could race 19 turn. This idea just adds qualifying for this 19 turn class. This puts meaning on qualifying and attending a regional event, or other qualifier, and if you can’t attend, you can still attend the nationals and race with other racers with similar talent levels, even if not racing in the “Championship” class. You could even base heat set up on all regional results…This “Championship” class could be a third class in addition to a stock and mod, so top stock and mod qualifiers from each regional could all race together. Hopefully this way really good racers that qualify regionally, race in the “Championship” class, and lower qualified regional racers still race stock, or mod respectively, however it gets structured…

I think that’s all I am trying to get across and I hope this is meaningful input to everyone.