R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Official ROAR Festivus Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 06:03 PM
trackdesigner71
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Trackdesigner- I personnely have run in races at the biggest car show around florida - It's coming up next weekend. At the Daytona Speedway during the car show. I've done the races ar local car shows. They done them at the St Petersburg Grand Prix.The people attending these events are there for the event ,not R/C racing. Yes you might get some one interested but the problem I've always seen is NO One is at an information booth. They might come to a racer and more than likely he's not from the area. Then they tell them what they have invested. Boy does that scare away a new racer. An information booth with the PA announcer announcing where you can find information about R/C's.That will help but most often forgotten about. Yes We've had manufacturers there,it helps.
For our state races the only one that has a race in front of the business is Superior Hobbies and they are always talking about the hobby shop and information. Most permanent tracks are well hidden from the public. That's a major problem. Clubs and parking lot races have dissappeared and it's to much work to set-up and tear down a track. Been there and done that for many years.

I bolded the two sentences for different reasons. teh fact that there is no way of telling people about where they can get more information on RCs is a problem. Having an info booth or giving both the track announcers (the one at the track AND the one for the RC exhibition) an announcement about where people can find more information about RCs would be helpful.

The other one I bolded because this again gets back to what I was saying about having a hobby shop (nearest one to the track I would say) or two have temporary shop setups where people could purchase RTRs but also, make sure the racers know where the temporary shops are and to encourage them to remind people about the fact that you can get into RC for a lot less. You want to be truthful but at the same time you want to let people know that there are lower cost options to be had.