R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 09:44 AM
theisgroup
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris_dono
I was hoping you'd say that

so the dip came later... try extending the range more and more and see if the dip goes away at all.. if it keeps getting later and later, you should get to a point where it doesn't happen at all.

this is really a minor issue as it's not causing you any lost time on the track, but I'm curious now hehe
sorry, I ment later in the run. but still right after you hit full throttle. i did notice that with no timing advance set in the speedo, i never see this strange dip

i think it is a minor issue. I have seen it since i posted about using the sentry. so I have noticed it in many logs for like 3+ months now. what was concerning me was more in 13.5 the dip is almost 4000rpm. that I would think is pretty noticable on the track. and may almost feel like the motor was bogging down. so people without a data logger might think this feeling was over gearing. which from all my testing is not the case.

and I do not like the wide range rpm setting. i feel that it makes the motor feel soft and just add alot of heat. when ever I run the wide band the motor is usually 10-15 degrees hotter then with the narrow band. but the wide band seams to be more forgiving on gearing. the narrow band, I have found 1 tooth to make .2 a difference on the track.

Last edited by theisgroup; 03-18-2010 at 09:57 AM.